Thread: Fish Request
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 05:24 PM   #4
rschuh
Registered

Originally posted by Jav400:
Robert,

Thanks for your fish suggestions. We have over 100 fish suggestions on our 'Fish Wishlist' website and I think all 4 of those are on it, but I can check to be sure.

Jim is hoping to include the pinnatus, its a favorite of mine and one I had in a tank for a number of years. Fortunately it is also one that Jim's daughter Jill was intrigued with and requested. The fin movement will probably be a bear to program, but it's hopeful that it will be given a try.  

Both the Pinnatus and Tierra bats have long been 2 of my favorite fish. The Tierra is FAR easier to keep alive though. Back in the 80s I had a 300 gal fish only tank. A friend of mine owned a fish store, so I was able to get some AMAZING fish at wholesale. I had a Clarion, Jewel Tang, Consipiculus, Asfur, New Caladonian Tusk and bunch of other fish that today would cost as much as a car! :-) I also had a 150 with nothing but 3 Pinnatus bats. I used a reverse flow ungravel, a large skimmer, but did not have much current. I was able to keep them all alive for over 2 years. Not only are the gorgeous, but they have more personality than any other salt water fish I have kept.

Rob
rschuh is offline   Reply With Quote