View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 10:35 PM   #2
feldon34
Forum Administrator

First,

Welcome to the forums, Matt.

I am sorry you are having trouble. I am not sure why the Aquarium is not acknowledging the presence of the CD. It should not keep prompting like that.

I also do not know if there is a method to convert the keycode on your CD into a real 20 digit keycode or not, but I think perhaps that would be what you are looking for if you do not want to depend upon the physical CD.

I know this is the last thing you want to hear, but it sounds like buying the Aquarium directly from SereneScreen.com as a digital download (and then burning it to a CD or keeping it on a memory stick) would have suited your needs much better and been less of a hassle.

Buying online, your e-mail address is always on file so you can request a copy of your 20 digit keycode if you ever lose it, and you have access to upgrades at a discount. Purchasers of Marine Aquarium 2.6 through the website since November got a free upgrade to Marine Aquarium 3.

The painful truth here is that Jim makes approximately $1.00 on the retail physical boxed version of the Aquarium. To make the Marine Aquarium 3 upgrade free from the retail version would be giving away several years of effort for $1 and that is just not reasonable.

The boxed Aquarium in stores acts more as an advertisement for the website than actually selling product. Most people who buy the Aquarium on CD aren't even aware that the website exists.

The developer will see your message here and hopefully contact you or comment here and see what can be done to help out this situation.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote