Thread: Fixed Bug 3.0 MA3 closes down after 5 minutes.
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 08:09 AM   #67
cjmaddy
Registered

There are a number of points I need to clear up here.

What I have just described above is not the same as following Dale's instructions.
I had the music selected, - the file was present not absent, and I did not click the desktop icon and press the space bar.

The purpose of this thread was to report the closing down of MA3 after just over 5 minutes.
I have now established that I can avoid and/or introduce this 'close-down' occurrence, at will by carrying out the procedure I've described.

Checking the 'Random play' box has no effect. I wouldn't expect it to, when I have only one entry in the playlist. And the option to add a second or third CanonGuitar.sgt file from the Documents and Settings folder does not become available until it is present in the folder. By which time MA3 is in the state that it closes down after 5+ mins, whether or not the 'random play' box is checked or there are multiple occurrences of CanonGuitar.sgt present.

To summarise. - My findings with my system are....
With a normally operating MA3. - As soon as I right-click on the desktop icon and go to Configure\Music Playlist, then the full path is in the playlist, - CanonGuitar.sgt is in the Documents and Settings folder, - and MA3 closes down after one run-through of the music!

To remedy this situation, - I have to uninstall/delete everything MA3 from my computer. Then re-install the latest MarineAquarium3.exe

..... and that's it!
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote