View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 10:46 AM   #1813
xitrum
Registered

Originally posted by jleslie:
As Jim said MA3 doesn't send frames anywhere, it makes them and the graphics card sends a fixed number each second to the display. All you need to do is tell the graphics card to send 24 a second.

Think of a postman (the graphics card) who comes 24 times a day at exact intervals and collects one letter each time. The receiver (the TV) gets 24 letters a day. It doesn't matter if you (MA3) write 30 or 60 letters a day or whether some are written slightly faster or slower than others, the TV will only get 24 as the Postman will throw away all but the most recent each time he comes. (I have a friend in Argentina, that sounds a bit like their post service, from what she says - I'm sending her 2 cards today, so wish me luck.)

Extending this "Wait for Vsync" says you are not to write another letter until the Postman collects one, so you will write 24 a day if the Postman comes 24 times a day (remembering the Postman's arrival rate is controlled by the graphics driver, not MA3).

Hope that helps,
John  
Thanks for being patient. I understood all that.

What I am asking is to tell the postman to collect 24 times a day and I only write 24 letters a day.
xitrum is offline   Reply With Quote