View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 01:18 PM   #108
markknight
Prolific Team

Hi gang

First of all thank you all for being so diligent in testing as well as helping me work out any issues with the installer. Yes I am the one responsible for it be it good or bad.

Sorry for taking so long to get back to answering issues here...my Mother has been in CCU/ICU for the last week and was just removed from life support yesterday. Not because it's all over but because she is actually recovering, although slowly.

I will go to the beginning of this thread and answer anything I can. Sorry if I repeat an answer that Jim or others may have already provided.

I know for a fact (as I have done it myself many times building the installer)
1) Vista 64 has issues. Most are due to the way it was designed by MS. Vista will battle any "over-rides" we try unless we toggle security and elevate the user. I do not like that idea so there is an additional step required by the user. It is simple.
2) If you see any unexpected results it is usually because of a previous installation that is hiding or stuck in the registry. I will help everyone that has this problem seeing I have done it myself. In most cases the installer will clean all previous installations when uninstalled.
3) For anyone playing with Windows 7 Beta...it works great! Microsoft is listening to customer complaints about Vista in general and I for one will upgrade to Win 7 once released.
Mark
markknight is offline   Reply With Quote