View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 12:39 PM   #139
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Not really.

I don't know what to tell you on that one Jim. Something like the snowflake eel or a Tessalata has a similar body shape, but the coloring looks as if it would be just as problematical. Other than those you have Standard Green Moray's which are just ugly IMHO compared to the rest of your work, and I don't recall ever seeing one of those in an aquarium other than somewhere like Shed or some such professional aquarium.

After those then you get into other more difficult shapes like the Blue Ribbon eel which has large mouth and nose appendages that I figured were going to be another shape programming problem with flow dynamics to get them to look/move properly. So actually I figured I lucked out with the one I had and liked.

I thought it would be the easiest one to get a high res shot of in a local shop, and to make the body shape of as well, if you were going to include one at all.........

Overall the Zebra Moray is one of the most common seen Eels in a home aquarium, probably because of the lack of teeth thing, to keep it from eating all the other inhabitants, and it's general disposition of live and let live as long as it's not starving or anything.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote