View Single Post
Old 06-26-2001, 07:13 PM   #289
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

Re: The Sachs Aquarium WISHLIST

Morgan/Jim,

Here's a couple of ideas that are off shoots of the Camera Panning feature. They may have already been discussed, then again, maybe not. Nothing wild or crazy...

* Speed Slider - would allow the user to adjust the speed at which the camera pans left to right. I may have been the person who originaly requested this one, but I can't recall.

* Follow Fish - I know that someone once suggested this idea, I think their idea was that the camera should follow the fish in full 3D ala first person behind the fish, well my idea is a bit less complicated. Why not use the Camera Panning feature to allow the camera to follow the actions of a single fish (or school of 3)? Jim, would this be too difficult or would it likely eat up too many of your work cycles trying to impliment? Another variation on this idea would be to have a setting that allows the camera to pan to follow the actions of a fish/school for "x" amount of time, then randomly move on to another fish/school and so on.

And for an idea that I don't think we've discussed previously -

* Night and Day light cycles - have the lights in the aquarium cycle to match that of real world lighting (as closely as possible anyway) by checking to see what the real world time is.

You could have the aquarium check the PC's system time each time it loads up and adjust the lighting to match that time of day and as long as the aquarium is left running, it would cycle the lights according to the actual time.

- DL
Steve
www.tron-sector.com - www.badcartridge.com - www.classicgaming.com - www.dinofish.com
Today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday...
Digital Lungfish is offline   Reply With Quote