View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 03:06 PM   #193
Jim Sachs
Developer

Ralph - They haven't a clue.

Michael - I suspect that this guy would not be much good at roofing. Anyway, I need the computer at night when he's sleeping.

Ivanhoe - I'll have to look into that ad. Probably a European sub-distributor. The only way I make any significant money is when customers buy Key Codes on the SereneScreen.com website. All the other deals are split so many ways that I only get a few cents per copy. Prolific makes very little also, and they have to pay people to handle customer support, keep the high-bandwidth website up, handle credit-cards, etc.

Yes, there have been over 1 million sold. Way more, actually. Our previous hard-copy publisher, Encore, stopped counting at 1 million around 2005. Microsoft also sold something like 8 million copies of MA in their Plus Packs (from which I got not one cent). I always felt that Encore was taking a disproportionate share, but now that I look back on the relationship, I find that it was mutually beneficial. They got the hard-copy into stores, which acted as advertising, which drove my website sales. Now we have no advertising, the new distributor buys blocks of Key Codes at a huge discount, sells many of them on their website in direct competition with me, and is unable to get the hard-copy into major store chains.

I've always wanted to do some actual advertising, but have always been fearful. Ads which have any likelyhood of success are extremely expensive, and an unsuccessful try would mean the end of me. If anyone here has any experience with Google, Amazon, or Facebook ads, please let me know.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote