View Single Post
Old 10-06-2004, 07:09 PM   #56
Jim Sachs
Developer

Sergio -

Yes, the idea is to just have one object, and move the points. (OK, two objects - it's still better to have the eyes separate.) Yes, I know that most computer games use separate objects for everything and I think it looks horrible. Parts rotate into each other instead of stretching the skin smoothly over the whole object. I've been on a campaign to wipe out this look for 4 years now. The fish body (including the tail and top fin) is already a single object. It's only the side and lower fins that now need to be incorporated into that object.

The starfish is a single object and it took several weeks to map the location of each vertex manually. Point selection sets would eliminate this step. "OK, time to start bending arm number 4 back toward the left. Let's see, the tip is point number 418, so I'll rotate that one .001 radians counter-clockwise based on a centerpoint located 1 inch back from the tip. The points slightly back on the arm, numbers 13 and 586, need to be rotated slightly less than the tip." ...and so on - you get the idea.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote