View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 09:55 PM   #416
Jim Sachs
Developer

Cliff - This is the way I see it happening (I haven't actually programmed any of this yet): There exists in 3D a very wide tank with fish and other critters playing in every part of it. If there are two monitors, each is fed by its own "camera" into this environment. The two cameras are totally independant, and there would be some way of telling the arrow keys which one to move (maybe shift-arrow would scroll the right screen). When you get it set up so that your two monitors look like one big tank with a bezel dividing them, save it that way.

Steve - If you mean the lightplay, then yes, it is one of the things I'm changing. I can't go into too much detail, because it's an area that MA has always enjoyed a clear advantage, but one difference is that each 3D object has its own lightplay. Before, there was a 2D background and "pretend" 3D shapes hanging in front of it, just for the lightplay. Getting these lined up perectly with the objects in the picture was nearly impossible.

But if you are talking about haze or junk floating in the water, then no I won't be including anything like that. The goal of any aquarium keeper is well-filtered, crystal-clear water.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote