View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 06:02 PM   #413
cjmaddy
Registered

My understanding, from Alan's descriptions of his future intentions, and of what is 'doable'. Is that in the next DA dual monitor setup, the second monitor's background will be a continuation of the first, (with an adjustable allowance capable of being made for the screens' surround's widths). This to me sounds amazing! - If this is so, then I assume that fish moving from one half to the other, will first 'disappear' behind the monitor's surrounds! - before reappearing on the other screen! .... Amazing!!! - Single-monitor set-ups will be able to have either half as their single-monitor background.

I was hoping that something vaguely like this might be possible with the new MA 3.0. However, at fist I thought that horizontal-span mode would be the only way to achieve a spread across two monitors, and to allow the fish to move from one to the other. But from Jim's comments, it appears that an alternative way to use two monitors could be to display a left of centre portion on the left screen, and scroll to a right of centre portion on the right screen. (Assuming that the whole could be cloned on the second monitor, ala MA2.6). - Unfortunately this would not allow fish to be seen passing from one to the other. - But it could work for the background, and give the impression of a very large tank! (... And without the need to change to horizontal-span. - Which requires a re-boot! - And other re-adjustments!)

..... Will this be possible?
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote