View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 03:14 AM   #1538
PaulsPics
Registered

Smile Trying to please everyone! music - feeding fish - too much to expect

[quote=Jim Sachs]------the default MIDI sountrack in MA3 will probably be Pachelbel's Canon. It can be turned off with a simple tap of the "M" key. The user will be able to build a playlist of his own music, choosing from MP3, AIFF, and WMA files.

It was back in 2002 that I started using this wonderful screen saver, a life saver late at night after work stress, just sit back, take off the reading glasses and watch the fish swimming randomly, no anticipated or predetermined paths, no set music to eventually jar the nerves, no matter how enjoyable in the 1st place. (As Shakespeare wrote, " If music be the food of love, play on for surfeiting the appetite may so sicken and die “) Unless there are methods to change the tracks or even stop any music, but still let the natural sound of the water (bubbles) be audible. In light of this I am encouraged by your comment quote above, Jim, that we will have control on any unwanted sounds. There is another important aspect as well, I have felt in the past that if one requires ambient music at the same time one can place a Music CD in the Windows Media Player and minimize that and the SS or MAT will still operate Ok. I see one objection to that in an earlier post; someone wanted the music to commence automatically as the screen saver came on. NOW some years ago when I was still employed, and in a busy office and computers were relatively new, the boss had one and of course he had found a Screen saver! Jungle with frogs birds and whatever, when he was called away to a meeting or absent awhile, that confounded screen saver would start up to the dismay of the general staff within earshot and we had to tolerate the disturbance whilst sorting out problems etc.
For my 2 pence halfpenny input why not let the users of your existing programs determine what music they will play, if any, and simply change the CD when they " sicken " of that particular piece.
I do think that we would appreciate more your efforts re - the newer add-ons in the way of the long awaited fish and creatures that had been so much disused over the last few years, I must say that I am looking forward to that immensely. I am surprised on my visit to the forum today to find all these additional " requirements" of your eager fans and do think that some are overextending your time on new and better things.
Many Thanks for your ealier efforts, once again , and I am so happy that they still work 100% in the later programs and machines ( MS XP )
pAUL sHALLOW Sydney Australia
Paul
PaulsPics is offline   Reply With Quote