Thread: Fixed Bug 3.0 MA3 closes down after 5 minutes.
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 08:59 AM   #69
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by cjmaddy:
What I have just described above is not the same as following Dale's instructions.  
Clearly - I don't think anybody said it was.

To remedy this situation, - I have to uninstall/delete everything MA3 from my computer. Then re-install the latest MarineAquarium3.exe

..... and that's it!  
Try just deleting MA3Playlist.lst and CanonGuitar.sgt, and then just clicking on the desktop icon. [Do not do "configure"].

Perhaps you can avoid uninstallation.

Another useful test would be to edit the MA3PlayList.lst file, so that it contains only the filename CanonGuitar.sgt - in other words, remove the path. Then see what happens when you just click on the desktop icon.

And the option to add a second or third CanonGuitar.sgt file from the Documents and Settings folder does not become available until it is present in the folder. By which time MA3 is in the state that it closes down after 5+ mins, whether or not the 'random play' box is checked or there are multiple occurrences of CanonGuitar.sgt present.  
Thanks for actually trying that out. It was unlikely-but-possible that your system was closing at the "end of the last song", rather than the "end of the first song". Doing that actual test (rather than making assumptions) has eliminated some possible sections of code.

Because nobody else can apparently duplicate your problem, it's unlikely to get fixed unless it can be isolated to a specific section of code.

I've lost track in this discussion - did you try getting a different .sgt file from somewhere, and testing it?

Last edited by Dale; 04-05-2009 at 10:10 AM.
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote