View Single Post
Old 03-11-2003, 03:08 PM   #42
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

2D vs. 3D

The Goldfish move in true 3D. The plants and objects are a mixture of 2D and 3D, but are treated as 3D.

Unlike the salt water fish (which are the result of millions, if not billions of years of design) Goldfish are the results of “Hey, look how cute, I’ll buy it.”

So they are the water version of a pug. They do look very good from many angles, and, as a result, you will see all of them, all the time.

The Goldfish go everywhere, like little puppy dogs, and become curious, and loose interest just like the real thing. They even are able to go through caves (no caves are planned for first release).

For the record, I use a 2 and 3 letter naming convension for our products, Morgan and I have talked about this in the past. No one here has to use one or the other, but so that you know:

MA = Marine Aquarium.
TF = Tropical Fresh Water
GF = GoldFish
FL = Flags (www.FlagsPride.com)

Sub products have a third letter, like MAT (Marine Aquarium Time) and MAC, Marine Aquarium Crystal.

A full code might look like this: MAC-Mac-DL, which means it is the Crystal version of Marine Aquarium, for both Mac OSX and OS9, download version only. The Wide PC version would be MACw-PC-DL.

There are now over 66 products! Don’t ask, it simply scares me all the versions we track.
Reichart... , CTO, Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Come visit us Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Reichart is offline   Reply With Quote