Thread: Updates
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2005, 08:01 AM   #76
Frank-N-Stein
Registered

Angry To Schnaaps

Dear Schnaaps:

I didnt mean to be rude with my comments, Im just a little frustrated since there has been no official updates for "Sharks" since the very beginning.

About my ideas and suggestions, I'll try to explain clearly, since English is not my "Mother Language". (sorry about that)

First of all, we must understand that there are 3 companies with Shark-Themed screensavers with their own features.

1.- Prolific/Lifeglobe... "Sharks: Terrors of the Deep"... Since we already know all your product's features, I'll go on to the next one.

2.- Atlantis 3D... "Shark Visions"... This Screensaver has the very best and accurate Shark models on the Net (Attachment enclosed), they open and close the mouth when swim, and the enviroments are TRUE 3D (Sunken Galleon and a Coral Reef)... However, these sharks follow a predetermined path over and over and cant swim freely on the Screen.

3.- 3dRelax... "3d Living Sharks"... The only "cool" feature of this SS, is that the Sharks are really "alive" (They eat fish, and sometimes they hit the camera while swimming)... However, their models are butt-ugly (looks like made by a 5 year old kid) and the sharks swim very fast (Almost like and F-1 car)... Anyone for a Shark race?

My suggestions goes as follow.

a) Improve the Shark models to match/surpass the ones made in SharkVisions (believe me they are worth it).

b) To implement Eating Sharks and the "Hit camera" features...

c) If possible... to make a True 3d enviroment.

d) Remoras..... Please

What do you think about it?.... Hope to hear your answer soon.

By the way people... I really dont think that a Megalodon is worth for this SS (Since it is already extinct). We should focus on new species like the Whale Shark, Thresher Shark or the Mega-Mouth Shark.

P.D.... Can you tell us the date for the Sharks 2.0 release?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sharkvisions.JPG (77.8 KB, 89 views)
Frank-N-Stein is offline   Reply With Quote