View Single Post
Old 08-05-2002, 01:45 PM   #66
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

Damn Pushwall! You are completely messing up my master plan! Ya see, I have learned that people don’t tend to speak up unless they are challenged. So several of us here in SereneScreen QA have started using an old stick that works well with programmers too. It goes something like “You (programmer) can’t possibly implement that feature in less than 24 hours…” And of coarse the programmer spends 3 days (3 sets of 8 hours) getting it done.

The same goes for testers and people reporting bugs. But you have to be more sly about it. Use things like “99% of people say they love this, or hate that!” People hate being categorized. And suddenly everyone and their cousin chimes in with “Well I do/don’t!”

This is very true on a Web ring I’m part of for braniacs. Every time a statistic comes out, everyone wants to be the first to tell everyone else how they are not part of that statistic.

But how to turn this to my favour?

We are “almost” up to 7 people who have complained about the heating issue. Although some are not clear enough about whether it actually “overheats” their computer (to failure), or just heats their computer. Sort of like being kinda pregnant.
Reichart... , CTO, Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Come visit us Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Reichart is offline   Reply With Quote