Thread: Fixed Bug 3.0 MA3 closes down after 5 minutes.
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 06:32 PM   #3
Rick Simon
Registered

3 Highscores

Originally posted by cjmaddy:
For the last few versions, (including the installer ver), I've noticed that MA3 closes down and returns to the desktop after just over 5 minutes.
I've checked this out on, one screen, dual screens, with and without panning, and run as a program or run as an auto-start screensaver.
No other screensavers I use, including MA2.6, display this problem.
I can't think what on my computer can be causing this, so assume it is a recent MA3 bug. - Has anyone else seen this effect?  
Sorry, haven't seen this on any of my systems. Have you tried going through your Task Manager to shut down any other running programs and see if one of them is interfering?

I just recently found out that a CSS editor I use does not play well with MA3. With the editor up and running, I can start up MA3 and everything is fine. When I go to exit out of MA3 though and return to the desktop, MA3 crashes and takes out the editor with it. It's right at the point where MA3's full screen is closed but Jim has the windowed screen pop open momentarily (I forget what particular bug that was designed to get around). Right at that point, MA3 faults and Windows wants to send off an error report. I then have to go into the Task Manager to finish closing MA3 down. When it does close out the rest of the way, I then have an error from the CSS editor and have to close it down (losing any unsaved work) and restart it as well.

At the moment, I'm waiting to hear back on an upgrade for the CSS editor. I'll probably try that out and see if it fixes the incompatibility problem. If not, then I guess I can't use MA3 as a screensaver. At least, not while I'm working web sites. While MA3 is nice to watch, it's not nice enough to let it interfere with my work.

Edit: Oh well... got in the upgrade and MA3 still crashes and takes the editor with it. In case anyone else uses the same editor, it's TopStyle Pro.

Last edited by Rick Simon; 04-01-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Rick Simon is offline   Reply With Quote