View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 08:35 AM   #220
PaulsPics
Registered

Question Can we stop update downloads due to loss of connections on internet ?

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
There's no real definition for "out". You can download and enjoy it right now. At some point we won't call it Beta any more, but work will continue at about the same pace.  
Jim Hi, I know you have an awful lot on your hands, but if you can and have the time please read my rather long mail below my original entry posted years ago re the new MAT and Wide screen programs came out.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BIG QUESTION ??? reading your original e-mail you state " After the comment period, we will place the product for sale on our website " The comment period Does this mean that I will lose this test program after a set period of time ??????
I do hope not as it does look very good and I would be very sorry to lose it. have set as the official screensaver but sometimes run the old one as a stand alone program started by the icon on desktop. I have not had a conflict as yet .
Thanks very much
Paul Shallow paulspic@XXX ex -tech2u.com.au Sydney Australia
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Jim,
The above statement was sent by me years ago when your updated SS MAT was issued .
I originally bought the Boxed SS CD Rom in July 2002, then joined the forum at the end of that month. Then as a member of the Forum enjoyed several updates and new releases: -
1/- Firstly-- the release of the Lionfish
2/-secondly-- then added the 20 fish selection Further releases then came about
And these were also available through the forum.
3/- Wide screen; Followed by
4-/ MAT with the wonderful Crystal.
5/-Again this was then updated with the wide screen option.

Now over a period of time we have been granted the privilege of downloading this marvelous MA3 to test in Beta.
As such I acknowledge that it is an unfinished product of yours and that, you, as an artist who does not wish to reveal his painting until it is finished, but we have now most of your project in our minds eye.
So why not let us now reward you with some payment for the product as it stands.

Why do I ask this when you are faithfully adding each new addition to replace each Beta test that is outdated?

The problem arises from the fact that recently I have suffered 3 computer crashes entailing getting new computers and hard drives with resultant loss of data, many programs, and license registrations keys. Ok many of the programs are on CD and can be reloaded time and time again BUT many which were downloaded are now gone.
As such I am reminded of this problem when your Beta MA 3 # 8k was downloaded to day and most of the fish were unavailable, search as much as I could I was almost unable to find my original registration code which was of course NOT the one on the original CD disk of the 7 fish. (I have been lazy in that I used your short cut TEST FISH) up to now.
What has prompted me to write this lengthy screed to you now, is that I have realized that due to the constant #*&%@$! Barrage of things that come down with the Broadband that seems to have caused my computer to give up the ghost, despite the firewall and Virus checkers that I invested in, that my on line time wise is now almost terminated due to the end cost of the internet services and the unneeded access to mails as the casual work in Astronomy at our Observatory and updating my work notes is about to end due to poor health recently encountered apart from the downturn in the economy. As an aged Pensioner now in my mid 70s things are getting pretty tight and it is difficult to make ends meet, and unnecessary expenditure must be pruned (this internet connection) and I am sure that I am not alone in this respect
I would HATE to LOSE your valuable program now, having seen the beauty of the product.
Is there any way that you could let us keep the current version as it stands with some sort of permanent login AND OF COURSE SOME SORT OF PAYMENT that you have been contemplating?
Sincerely Yours
Paul Shallow “paulspics35@optusnet.com.au” Sydney; Australia
Paul
PaulsPics is offline   Reply With Quote