Thread: Phones
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 08:29 AM   #6
James
Principal Engineer as SDET

Location: Was in Auckland, New Zealand, Now in Taipei, Taiwan
Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
That's the PocketPC version that Mith mentioned. It's been available for several years on SereneScreen.com, but has never been a big seller. Andrew Beery did a wonderful job porting the Aquarium to hardware with very limited capabilities.

The iPhone could be a whole different story. I've heard that it really has quite a bit of horsepower, and can do OpenGL. We'll see how well the Arktis "movie" version does before deciding to commit any resources to a real iPhone version.  
Well, the original Pocket PC version on SereneScreen.com doesn't include the shell of mobile which includes touch UI. the Video clip on Andrew's blog shows much more improvement then then one on SereneScreen.com and it also includes GA not only MA!!

I was wondering does animation technique implemented in new one is actually same as the original one by using several images looping like GIF, I can even replace the help page with another one in Chinese which is just an image file...However, it looks more smoother in new one....but it's seems Andrew has stop developing because the last news heard was back in March....!!
James C Chen
Principal Engineer as SDET, Connected Services
HTC Corporation
88 Section 3. Zhongxing Road
Xindian District, New Taipei City 231, Taiwan
www.htc.com
James is offline   Reply With Quote