Thread: New Fish Models
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 09:39 PM   #49
FrankGuy
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
after viewing many videos and live examples of Yellow Tangs, I'm not sure if I should spend time on movable gills for the Tangs. I'm wondering if anyone would really notice.
I agree with Surferminn. Unless there are performance problems the more subtle animations the better. No one sees all of the motions at once anyway but this illusion is meant to be contemplated at length and I think that most people that buy it will do just that. I have certainly spent hours at it already and it isn't even complete! Even if people don't have the vocabulary to describe the subtlest anatomical motions or know the word operculum they will *see* the motions as more authentic no matter how subtle they are. If you listen to a piece of music rendered with cathedral organ voices exactly as sampled at the source, for example, you will hear it as very "churchy" sounding. But if just the slightest hint of vibrato, wah or flange effect is added to those same voices the same piece will be perceived in a completely different way by everyone who hears it even if they don't have the knowledge to describe the differences that they hear.
FrankGuy is offline   Reply With Quote