Thread: Windows Vista Issue PC crash
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 08:25 AM   #14
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Before Anyone answers those questions for you, I guess my first question is why?

Are you playing games that are giving you problems and don't run well, and you are trying to eek a few extra fps out of your card?

If not and everything is going/playing/working well already I would advise you to leave the settings alone and run it at stock speeds.

Anytime you overclock your hardware you are creating much more heat than the heatsinks were designed for, and you are shortening the life of your card, period. You can change it to the point that your card will die on the spot, I know, I've done it and fried a card in the past.

That being said, just knowing what level your card is ( 9600 GT ) doesn't help us, what brand is it so we can research and see what speeds its supposed to run at, and how well it overclocks to start with. Some cards you might not get more than a percent or two out of before frying them, others might go higher...................

Also realize that there is no SAFE overclocking speed. No matter if you could fry it from playing a game for a few hours with a low OC, or fry it almost immediately from a high OC. You are still taking a chance of it happening by changing the speeds.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote