Thread: Windows Vista Issue PC crash
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 12:55 PM   #6
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by AfroSamurai:
Thank you for your welcome and quick answer.

Now, I've done what you said and it seems to work but, it doesn't look fluid as before. The fish movement is all jerked. I don't understand, the version 2.6 works flawlessly with all the settings at max... even did a graphic card driver update.  
I was just about to suggest upgrading your drivers. As Jim said, the 9600 should be able to run the Aquarium very smoothly.

With a sleep setting of 0, the Aquarium is generating hundreds of frames per second of animation, of which only 60 per second are actually seen. It
"races" the video card and processor to 100% of their ability.

When you run the Aquarium 3, can you press the S key so that the yellow text is at the top and tell us what it says?

Mine says:
81.00 fps (1280x1024x32) #0 Beta9
HAL (pure hw vp): NVIDIA GeForce 7050 / NVIDIA nForce 610i
Timing Clamp 0.10 Sleep(10)

Originally posted by AfroSamurai:
Is MA3 so demanding? I mean, my graphic card isn't the top but it's pretty dam good to play PC games with settings at max. So how come a simple screen saver makes my PC crash like this?  
Again, it is surprising that the Aquarium is not running smoothly on your PC. One setting you can try is press SPACE bar and go to Display Settings and toggle the [X] Wait for vertical sync setting so it is ON. See if that smooths out the animation.

If you press the "W" key, you'll see that the Aquarium is not a "simple screen saver". It is a fully 3D DirectX 8 aquarium simulation which can also be run as a screen saver. But it works on on-board video so there is no reason why we cannot figure out how to get it working smoothly on your 9600.

Look forward to hearing your reply.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote