View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 01:18 PM   #29
rps
Registered

For what it's worth, I have a multi-monitor system; running MA3 full-screen, I get about 24fps; running it in a window that is completely on the primary monitor, I get 41fps, and the rest of my system runs perfectly smoothly; if I move that window to the second monitor, it drops to 12fps, but the rest of my system runs *really* sluggishly. It seems to me that if it's in a window, the window determines your view of the tank, and the calculations should be the same, regardless of where that window is. (Which monitor it's on should be irrelevant.) Unless your code is trying to write directly to the monitors... and trying to determine which part of the window is on which monitor on every single drawing cycle. (That would explain the degradation in performance, as it "wastes" time trying to figure out what should be drawn on monitor 1, before finally deciding "nothing", and moving on to monitor 2.) If that's the case, you need to fix the code to only do those calculations when the window is moved or resized; then remember the values so they don't have to be recalculated on each drawing cycle.

Note: I'm just guessing at how the code works, based on watching it run. If my guess is wrong, then just ignore the above. :-)

~Ralph S.
rps is offline   Reply With Quote