View Single Post
Old 04-20-2003, 10:12 AM   #721
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

No worries, Jim. I know we all have lives to live and some posts do go by unnoticed, but not by intention. Anyway, I hope you're feeling better. Speaking of which, that must have (for lack of a better word) sucked being sick while you were in Maui of all places. All that sun and fun going on around you and not being able to enjoy any of it.

As for the lighting on the background, hmmm. Well let me think about this, I'm sure I can come up with another idea. Hey, how about borrowing the animation from the Flag saver and applying it to the background (MINUS the flag of course)??? Ok, ok, just kidding...

Hmmm, ok then. Not sure how I'm going to explain this one, buuuut. How about using the existing background and foreground lighting controls to simulate light play through the water? This way you wouldn't have to add in new functionality, you'd just need to tweak what's already there. What I'm suggesting is a 2nd "Automatic Lights" setting which makes the lighting continually switch between "x" number of presets (up and down, but not extreme up and down).
Steve
www.tron-sector.com - www.badcartridge.com - www.classicgaming.com - www.dinofish.com
Today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday...
Digital Lungfish is offline   Reply With Quote