View Single Post
Old 03-18-2003, 11:21 PM   #21
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

2.0 Upgrade

1. Q: Morgan wrote: All purchasers of the Aquarium from .996 through 1.1.2 are entitled to a free upgrade to MA2.0 for the next 90 days. After that time, if you purchased the Aquarium after February 22nd, 2002, the upgrade will be an undetermined amount (probably under $10).

A: Actually, this only applies to people that bought the download. This is a gift to those people. People that bought the physical product (which is 1.0) are entitled only to the 1.1 upgrade (any special version we made after that for wide, or multiple monitor use).

2. Q: Everyone else will be getting their MA2.0 keycodes over the next couple of weeks.
A: Actually, keycodes are being mailed to some, the rest can come to our site and get issued one if they have their original Email address, and original Keycode, and the new Keycode will be sent to the original email address..

3. Q: I have no idea if/when this issue will be addressed. It involves "cheating" which the Aquarium has done since version 99D which causes problems on non-nVidia cards! If, after downloading the Aquarium, you feel this clicking is a serious issue for you,
A: Actually, MA2.0 is making all function calls correctly, and it is the OS that is having the problems. You can simply force the mode (as a new feature of the UI) to the same desktop resolution as your system, even 16 bit (which allows it to run faster on some systems, and it will remove these clicks. Keep in mind, MA 2.0 support about 100+ video cards with:

DirectX 3D 6, 7, 8, and 9, and Windows OS 95, 98, 2000, XP, and ME.

4. Q: James wrote: Another thing is I notice there's a wireframe layout of the crystal althoguh I don't see a crystal there but the coral, does that mean MA2 actually embbed MAT together? if I input the MAT keycode into MA2, will I get MAT too?
A: No and No. this is simply part of our progression towards modularized single code. But perhaps one day.
Reichart... , CTO, Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Come visit us Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Reichart is offline   Reply With Quote