View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 12:51 PM   #13
Shinsa
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Ever since I've been in computing, higher resolutions have been the Holy Grail. It just seems like sacrilege to run a system at LESS resolution than it's capable of.  
Two months ago I would have said the same thing. But now, even as I type this, I am sitting on my sofa, roughly eight feet away from my 40" TV. So, 1920x1080 does make a lot of text too small to read from that distance.

I'm aware I can change the Windows default sizes, but not everything follows those rules, especially on the internet, so I opted to leave the desktop resolution at 720, and when running games, videos, etc... bump it up to 1080 (Farcry 2 looks fantastic!). Most games keep the settings saved and automatically switch back and forth. So far, MA3 is the only thing that has this problem, and then only when left running for an extended period (like overnight, which I was doing for testing, but have since quit. It gets too darn hot).

I'm currently living in a small apartment, and space is a luxury I do not have. So when I connected my PC to the HDMI port, and was impressed with how well it works, I got rid of the desk, the monitor, and hid the PC in the entertainment center (media center?). I even have my printer and scanner hidden away in it. The room has really opened up, and having it hooked up this way just really seems to be the way to go.
Bob

"When you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."