View Single Post
Old 07-21-2001, 08:33 PM   #27
hpman77
Blue Angel

Re: ** 99L FINAL RELEASE rants, raves, and bug reports here

Just wanted to say I'm using windows ME, and despite that error message of the "this object has a non zero reference....blah blah blah this sample will now exit", everything works fine.
That error message appears randomly, and I can't find what triggers it.

Using WMe on a p3 450, 192mb ram, 4+20 gb HD, geforce 2 mx based video card (elsa gladiac mx), using latest directx (8.01 I think) the video drivers are those suggested in some older threads, I can't remember the version now, as it's 3AM and I'm sleepy.

I reproduced the death star fish bug, but had no problems of the super-tangs or with any other fish, and I tested many configs, from 1 to 7 fishes, using defined fishes, random fishes, or a mix of both, with and without repeat.

Sometimes, when clicked space bar, and changed settings, the screen poped more times than the usual amount, and crashed to desktop. Usually it pops 3 times, but when crashes pops 5-7 times. This happened 5 times to me. I only changed fish setting, using automatic lightning, bubble column and sound activated, and checked on top on window mode, and using desktop resolution (1024x768 actually) (and btw, getting from 68-75 fps without vsync)
.:: AMD Athlon XP 1700+ :: 512MB SDRAM :: Windows XP SP1 :: shappire ATI radeon 9600 PRO :: Soundblaster Live Player 5.1 :: Directx 9.0 :: (Always latest drivers for everything) ::.
hpman77 is offline   Reply With Quote