Thread: Fixed Bug 3.0 MA3 closes down after 5 minutes.
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 09:56 PM   #43
Dale
Banned

Jim, I know you don't usually read my long posts, but perhaps you will read this one - I believe it describes a bug.

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
You can delete it. It should not (by default) enter a path. The name in the list should just be CanonGuitar.sgt. When the program starts up, it looks for an MA3Playlist.lst file. If it doesn't find one, it will be created, and "CanonGuitar.sgt" will be written as the only entry. When it comes time to play music and the program encounters that exact text string, it will play the MIDI file from its own Resource.  
Interestingly, if the file C:\Documents and Settings\Dale\Application Data\Marine Aquarium 3\CanonGuitar.sgt exists;

and if the entry is deleted (using settings), or if the MA3Playlist.lst file is deleted, then when the program runs, it adds (as the only entry in the playlist)

C:\Documents and Settings\Dale\Application Data\Marine Aquarium 3\CanonGuitar.sgt

The following set of test procedures shows how to create the file:

===================
Procedure 1:
If I delete that CanonGuitar.sgt file, and delete the MA3Playlist.lst file, and then perform the following steps:

Right-click on desktop
Select Properties
Select ScreenSaver tab
Click on Music Playlist

The playlist contains:
C:\Documents and Settings\Dale\Application Data\Marine Aquarium 3\CanonGuitar.sgt

And the CanonGuitar.sgt file has been re-created in the directory

===========================================

Procedure 2:
If I delete that CanonGuitar.sgt file, and delete the MA3Playlist.lst file, and then perform the following steps:

Right-click on desktop
Select Properties
Select ScreenSaver tab
Click on Preview

The playlist contains:CanonGuitar.sgt

And the CanonGuitar.sgt file has NOT been re-created in the directory.

===== But: doing Procedure 1, at any time after that, creates the file C:\Documents and Settings\Dale\Application Data\Marine Aquarium3\CanonGuitar.sgt

So: deleting the file doesn't permanently get rid of it (or of the "problem").

Of course, that doesn't explain the original (crash) problem, but it does seem to be different behavior than was expected.
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote