View Single Post
Old 03-05-2004, 09:00 AM   #32
iMark
Registered

Like I said, I'm not technically savvy so I'm just winging it, but the way I got it to span the monitors is...I have two 17"lcd's, 4:3 ratio, hung side by side on the wall, however one of them is a monitor that also built-in tv, so I could span them by using the analog+tv mode. Half the widescreen aquarium is on one monitor, the other half is on the other. By adjusting the resolution and tweaking the anamorphic factor, I could get a decent view, altho a bit off the top/bottom is cut off. In this fashion, the fish swim from monitor to monitor as they cross the aquarium. We also used the anamorphic factor when throwing the widescreen aquarium up on the plasma. Depending on the look we wanted, we could set the resolution high to focus on a certain part of the aqurium and have the fish really big, or we could set it to a resolution so that there were no black bars on the top and bottom of the plasma and then tweak the anamorphic factor so we didn't lose much the height of the aquarium ( we centered it so that we just lost a bit of the sand). However we do lose about an inch on each side of the aquarium. This was a happy medium for us, since our objective was to showcase the fish.
iMark is offline   Reply With Quote