View Single Post
Old 01-18-2001, 07:55 PM   #1
feldon34
Forum Administrator

New Aquarium Sounds

People have asked for new Aquarium sounds

pub41.ezboard.com/fsachsaquariumfrm1.showMessageRange?topicID=3.topi c&start=21&stop=40

but yet nobody has posted or offered any new recordings that they'd like to see in place of the bubbles. I don't have the proper equipment to record these sounds on location, otherwise I'd try to make my own sounds. And I wouldn't let the 60k limitation stop you. Produce a low-res version of the sound and then a high-res version and maybe Jim will let the Aquarium use an external looped WAV file for those willing to download larger sound loops. After all, people put up with 13 MB downloads for a web browser, the Aquarium growing 100k with a bigger sound sample as an *optional* thing wouldn't hurt.

This does not replace the interest in the Aquarium launching a commandline such as Winamp with your favorite playlist upon startup... This would be a relatively easy addition to the Settings window.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is online now   Reply With Quote