View Single Post
Old 04-18-2006, 02:37 PM   #30
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by Inspector Dryfish:
I'm trying to fiddle the settings to make the background fill the spanned monitors. Either I can have it span fully, but the fish are distorted horizontally, or I can have the fish roughly proportional but the aquarium straddles the middle of the two monitors leaving wide black bands at the outer extremities. I've had no luck with "Use Widescreen" on or off and a range of anamorphic settings.  
Right now, you are trying to stretch a 12:9 (1024 x 768) background to 22.5:9 (2560 x 1024).

If you turn on Widescreen and then set the Anamorphic value to 1.0, then you'll be stretching a 16:9 (1280 x 768) background to a better-looking 22.5:9 (2560 x 1024).

Unfortunately, the fish are squished/stretched along with the background. I wish there was some logic to allow the fish to stay the correct size when the background is off-ratio, but this would require additional programming.

If you turn off spanning, then you'll have two instances of the 4:3 Aquarium, one on each monitor.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote