View Single Post
Old 04-13-2006, 11:19 AM   #4
feldon34
Forum Administrator

I think it really comes down to, is Jim going to try to build the 3D background on top of the existing architecture and all of its limitations, or is he going to try to use some advanced tools out there for handling surfaces and textures. If it's the first option, then it could be a long time. If it's the second, then after the initial 3 month-long migraine headache of getting it all working, then you start dropping objects in and they just "work". Very rewarding but a steep starting curve that I think Jim has tried a couple of times and said "enough!" because of how un-artistic and un-creative that kind of development is. Prolific had at least one 'crash course' with Jim about this stuff, but I don't think that went so well. It's like trying to send Picasso to engineering school for 3 months before he can paint.

I'm still not sure why Jim can't hire someone from Newtek for a few months. Hell, they might do it for free. Not a "do it for me" way, which we all know Jim won't touch with a 10 foot pole, but a "tell me how the heck to use these tools in a way that's never been tried before and without me needing to study Calculus or Engineering."
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote