Thread: Recent Updates
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 04:20 PM   #29
Nicki
Sugar Plum Fairy

Rick , I think that is pretty much how Alan does it at DA , which works very well for most the of the fish that are in the program right now . The dwarf gouramis though are quite flat and can pass through rocks and each other , but not so often that it ruins the realism . They are able to peck at the rocks/wood and shoal nicely together . He's trying to find models that work with long finned/tall flat fish like Bettas , Angels and Discus - although I'm really wanting Corydoras catfish . Also I think he wants to introduce different behaviour models for each species because although the fish look very natural now to the untrained eye , they all act the same .

Calculus , the very thought of it makes my toenails curl . It was a necessary evil to get my advanced high school diploma and thereafter my BSc . Glad to have forgotten nearly all of it now . What really craws though is that we would pester our teachers about what good it was going to do us in our everyday lives , and they said we would use it all the time . Sure , we said mockingly , and then we find out it's a good thing to know if you are trying to create a hyper realistic virtual marine aquarium . They might yet be right - what a jip !
Run you clever boy. And remember...

Last edited by Nicki; 10-24-2009 at 05:49 PM.
Nicki is offline   Reply With Quote