View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 09:26 AM   #36
harris
Registered

Originally posted by feldon33:
I've only ever seen that on a laptop.  
Agree.

JohnWho,

Not trying to start a rumble here, but on a desktop I have never seen a computer maker release video drivers that are better or required in place of the video card manufacture driver when using a standard video card. If it was a propriety video card, i.e. ATI no longer makes AGP cards, but there are still new cards being made from second tier manufactures using the ATI chipset for AGP. This might require drivers from the card maker, not ATI.

Some sound card drivers are a different story too, e.g. Dell modifies the sound card drivers from the manufacture to allow for the headpone jack that they use. If he wanted to continue using the headphone jack, then yes, he would need to download drivers from Dell.

Now if Don is new to computers, we might very well be confusing him.

So Don, if you are new to computers, please ask for someone to guide you through the driver update process in person. Like most other things, after the first time it is easy.

Edit/addendum: Oops, JohnWho it looks you posted while I was typing, and we actually agree. That's what I get for using only two-fingers.
harris is offline   Reply With Quote