View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 08:34 AM   #33
JohnWho
Registered

justfinnin -

I suggest you first go to Dell's support site here:

http://support.dell.com/support/topi...553&l=en&s=dhs

which describes what you may need to do to get the proper drivers for your system.

Often, on many proprietary systems such as Dell, Gateway, HP, etc., you should download and use only the drivers from the manufacturers website, and not the ones from, in the case of your video card, NVidia. This falls somewhat in line with what feldon33 is saying, above.

Once you are running all of the proper drivers for your system, that WEI score (make sure you re-run it so the current drivers will be used) will be as high as you'll probably get on that system. As I've mentioned, you should post or at least look at, all of them, not just the "overall" one. If, for example, the 4.9 is your hard drive number, then you could increase that number by replacing your HD with a faster one. Same with your video card - a new, faster one will increase your Graphics and Gaming Graphics scores.

I disagree with feldon33 that you would need to "spend thousands" to increase your score, since either a faster HD or Video card might only be under $200 and probably closer to around $100 each, according to what you might get.

On the other hand, if everything you need to do you are able to do well on that system, then "don't worry, be happy".

Based on what I see of your system specs, unless you are wanting to run some of the newer games, you'll be fine since you have a reasonably capable system.
JohnWho is offline   Reply With Quote