Thread: Feature Request MA for Android as a Live Wallpaper
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 09:54 AM   #46
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

OK, here we go............................

They list the fish as follows:

Basic 2 types - Blue Chromis & Yellow Tang; those come with the app when you purchase.

Standard 10 fish - Regal Tang, Threadfin Butterfly, Three Stripe Damsel, Long Nose Butterfly, Koran Angel, Percula Clownfish, Royal Gramma, Squarespot Anthias. These come with the app and are selectable.

Premium Fish 17 ea. - Blue Ring Angel, Emperor Angel, Volitans Lion, Flame Angel, French Angel, Clearfin Lion, Wimple Fish, Redfin Butterfly, Regal Angel, Rock Beauty Angel, Starfish, Powder Blue Tang, Achilles Tang, Clown Trigger, Copper Banded Butterfly, Picasso Trigger, and the Queen Angel are all 1.98 ea.

Each fish has a small icon with a number box next to it so you can choose that fish and how many to display.

As for the program itself, on my phone it looks really good. The problem is that with the age of my phone ( Original Galaxy S1 ) about 3 years old now, the full program doesn't run very well and causes problems. I was already planning a new Galaxy S4 when they come out within the next few months so that should solve that problem.

The free version ran better, but after 24 hours you lose everything except the two basic fish. As always I would suggest getting it first to test how well it runs, but don't count that as a full-blown standard because after all the other options get enabled it takes more CPU to run. In addition as with any "Live Wallpaper" your battery is going to take a hit as well. How much depends on how much it gets shown.

As for options, you can set the display to auto pan, or let it go manually yourself as you swipe between screens. It will automatically change ratios for ever how many screens you have your phone set too. By that I mean if you use 6 screens it will cover 6, if you delete 3 screens, it will cover 3 screens without any loss of the aquarium.

For the tank you have a check box for the bubble column and the crystal/coral, and there are 3 background settings like ours where you can choose 2 colors for each setting.

Overall it looks very good on my phone and has a fair amount of options. I would suggest that it is not very "backward compatible friendly" by that I mean older devices will have troubles running it even if they have a new enough version of android installed to handle it, basically like my situation.

As for the pricing, I can't see many people going the whole route to get all the fish. That totals up to almost $ 36.00 USD which to me is to much for the complete app. Jim's computer version is only 19.95... I could see bundling maybe 3-4 premium fish for the 1.98 each and having a total price of 10.00 - 12.00 and being more "sale-able" as a complete package. That's just MHO and subject to each persons opinion.

PS. I finally had a minute to attach a screen shot or two.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg MA01.jpeg (257.9 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpeg MA02.jpeg (302.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpeg MA03.jpeg (287.5 KB, 28 views)
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote