View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 06:33 PM   #65
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by Nicki:
Okay I've done some checking and going by the right click install method, Marine Aquarium 3 is not entered into the system 32 folder, whereas you replaced the 10d version in system 32 with 11e before you ran the program for the first time. So you only had 11e on your systems whereas I had 10d in System 32 and 11e on the desktop. Jim has stated that they should both coexist peacefully together, but the way I did things caused a conflict. I will try reinstalling 10d and not right clicking on 11e and choosing install. See if that is what caused it.

Edit: Yes, that is what caused it. Everything was fine until I right clicked and chose install. Then the playlist disappeared when I went to screensaver properties.  
Oh - it's the old "step by step explanation" thing.

Yes, as you said, the "right-click install" procedure does not move (or copy) the file to anywhere. As far as I can tell, for screensavers, it just puts an entry in some table of "known screensavers".

In fact, if you just delete the associated .scr file, the entry will still be in the table. But if you try to select it for use, you'll get a "can't find this file - would you like to remove it from the list" message (or something like that).
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote