Thread: Beta 9e
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 12:36 PM   #37
cjmaddy
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
I'm totally open to suggestions...  
Ok, - a few, slightly less-complex-to-operate, suggestions....

Clock:-
The C key to be the one and only way to display and cycle through the three clocks and the calendar. This could be programed to override whatever was currently showing on the crystal, and could be displayed for only a limited period of time? - (Unless there was an option to, 'Stay On')

Logos:-
The 'Marine Aquarium 3' to be the default first-start-up logo, (of course! ). - Then have a space in the settings panel, to add the specified type of user logos, that would be shown in turn by using the L key. - Each one would remain on until the L key was pressed again to display the next logo. The 'Marine Aquarium 3' would return again, after the last 'user' logo.

Music:-
When the 'Music' option is selected, (yes, I know it will default to start 'On' ), the user's sound files of the specified type could be added to a similar space in the settings panel, and cycled through by using the N key.

'M' would remain as the Music On/Off toggle. 'B' as the Bubble On/Off toggle, etc, etc.

I consider that these might be more acceptable ways for use by a less technical-savvy customer base.
This product is aimed at the wider general public, - yes? ... Not computer nerds! - Right?

If the problems encountered so far by contributors to this computer fan site are representative, - then the general public won't stand a chance!

ps, ..... And God help any Customer Service department!
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote