View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 11:32 AM   #129
JimO'Connor
Mac Development

Hi Ralph,
We support multi-monitors. We've supported them longer than Windows. We don't do spanning, one tank across multiple monitors. That requires a lot more work than we had time for. The other drop was the ability to change the background color. Rather than implementing a light music playing facility we tie into iTunes and control it. We're about to release a version with less invasive iTunes control.

Hi smerle,
Please pm me with details. The shaders don't translate anywhere near exactly from Mac to PC so I picked the ratio of lighting which made my most particular beta tester happy. Also, there are a lot of differences in the monitor biases between Mac and PC which you may want to look at. Most likely I'm going to add some lighting control so that users can pick a balance between the different lighting inputs because I have no way to make everyone happy. I like a color saturated tank, but the beta testers didn't care for that affect. I think "bright" looks washed out. With the controls, you'd be able to create a "moonlight on the reef" effect, which should be really interesting. PM me if you have detailed suggestions.

Thanks,
Jim
Jim O'Connor
Order N Development
JimO'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote