View Single Post
Old 08-26-2022, 06:35 AM   #5
iBanks
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
I don't have a Mac, but it looks like Apple might have changed the OS so that the viewing frustum of 3D environments is slightly different. The camera seems to be able to display a little area past the end of the "ground". As Ralph said, it's kind of surprising that it works at all, since the Mac version of the Aquarium uses OpenGL, and Apple hasn't officially supported that in years. They want all developers to re-write their programs in Metal.  
I believe it to be a good thing that it's working but I wonder if this benefit is due to the M1 architecture or if it is able to run on the Intel Macs as well. Guess we really won't know unless someone with an Intel Mac can test.

Is the want of developers to re-write in Metal just that, a want or are they requiring it? I think it looks great as it is but the panning and cut off of the rock bed when in full screen, I can live with but I'm more so wondering if there aren't going to be any further updates pushed, is there like a .plist file we can modify to get the settings to save for the Crystal? I would love for the custom image to be visible in the screen saver mode but the setting doesn't stick for some reason but works fine in app mode on v3.2. The camera pan does work in window mode, just not in FS mode, where technically the pan is probably canceled out due to the entire aquarium being visible on such a large monitor as I have which is fine.
iBanks is offline   Reply With Quote