View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 12:04 PM   #1545
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

I understand, and appreciate any effort you choose to apply towards one, and if you can't I understand that as well. Keep in mind that you will very rarely see any eel stretched out to its full length. They generally have poor eyesight, and feed more by smell than anything else. They do not like bright lights, and need a cave, pvc tube, overhang; something in which to curl-up and peer out at you most of the time. Of course you already have one of those in 3.0

Generally you might see one come out occasionally when the tank lights are on during the day, mostly you see him poke his head out, or would be more apt to see him swimming around when the lights are dimmed or off at night. Although when they get comfortable with the tank and their surroundings, they do come out slightly more in the light, but its usually more to move somewhere else to hide or be out for a few minutes and then go back into their cave/home.

They are not something that you would see out swimming around continually all the time like normal fish are.

The one I had got up to about 2.5 feet long, but you would never have guessed it unless you saw him out to feed. Normally the girth gives the size away more than actually seeing the full length of the specimen.

Last edited by Jav400; 12-04-2007 at 03:39 PM.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote