Thread: Developer Notes
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 05:42 PM   #411
Jim Sachs
Developer

I just put up Beta9c: http://www.fish-byte.com/MA3Beta.zip

This version has no wrapper, and will expire in 14 days.

This version has an expanded music playlist interface. You can now click on arrows to move the songs up or down the chart to arrange them in any order you wish. There's also a Play button, so you can preview the current selection.

This version also introduces a Logo playlist and interface, which is very similar to the music interface. You can add images from anywhere on your computer -- they do not have to be in any particular directory. PNG, BMP, and JPG files are supported. Try to use pictures that are as square and as close to 256x256 as possible, otherwise they may look stretched. JPEGs take longer to load and process, so they may cause a glitch each time they are displayed. Setting the play time for each logo should be pretty obvious. Clocks and calendars can be mixed in anywhere on the list.

There are Random Play buttons on both these interfaces, but only the one on the Logo interface is hooked up. I had a last-minute glitch in the random music button, so I pulled it back into the shop for repairs.

The L key switches immediately to the next logo (hold down the key for rapid animation). The C key switches to a clock, which plays for the remainder of the time alloted to the previous logo. The N key switches to the next song (no longer F8).
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote