View Single Post
Old 12-23-2007, 11:25 AM   #978
LeeC22
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
When I was teaching graphics seminars, I called this the chocolate cake sydrome. My favorite food is chocolate cake, but when I have it every meal, I get sick of it (for a while, anyway). Well, when you get tired of your favorite thing, where do you go from there?  
I can so relate to that, which is why quite early on, I decided that art wasn't a sufficient outlet for my creativity. So I taught myself to programme, bought a synth and started throwing game designs together. So when one outlet runs dry, there are always 3 others just ready to be switched on.

I find it amazing how each one can refuel the other and how writing 20 or 30 lines of code can suddenly inspire a piece of artwork, a piece of music or a game mechanic and visa versa.

Mayan ruins and caves eh... didn't find any crystal skulls that took you to see giant aliens there did you? Unfortunately, over here in the UK, caves and ruins translates to holes in the roads and half demolished buildings. I have to rely on Google Earth and a vivid imagination
LeeC22 is offline   Reply With Quote