View Single Post
Old 12-23-2007, 09:23 AM   #975
Andrew Jenkins
Registered

Atlast! Finally managed to contribute to an interesting forum... my firewall has been blocking my final confirmation link hence I have registered numerous times without being able to post.

Was hopeful for something to buy this side of Xmas, but having read the archives I soon realised that SSMA 3.0 really has been a labour of love... and not something that would be rushed!!
Having spent all my youth diving on the Great Bahama Bank it is somewhat sad that I have spent the last 15yrs living in a city, looking for virtual environments to take me back there (too many children, too little time springs to mind). Jim, I take my hat off to you. SereneScreen was certainly an eye opener when I first came across it 18 months ago. I spent many hours searching the web for superior products as I was aware that when I stumbled upon SSMA 2, it wasn't new & I was convinced that someone would have taken the concept beyond the screensaver.
I was prepared to pay very considerably more for a high quality virtual marine world and am frankly amazed that there is so little on the market. Perhaps I am somewhat alone in my views. It seems that so much development time within the industry has been directed toward the gaming market that an opportunity has been overlooked. My thoughts turn to Nintendo who have, at least in the UK have recently been positioning there DS product at more mature market and have had considerable success... different I know but nevertheless the over 30's market for software (and I hope I am doing no-one a dis-service here, you all look about my age) is very substantial.
I am very much looking forward to your latest masterpiece, frustrated by the wait, but solaced in the knowledge that good things are usually worth waitng for.
Promise me that you will have a relaxing Xmas, re-charge those batteries, and then attack the project with a renewed vigour, so that I can get my cheque book out sooner rather than later!
Andrew Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote