View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 11:00 AM   #43
flipper
Registered

jleslie, I'm sorry about that. But there's nothing I can do here beyond what I'm already doing to ensure everything is malware free on my end.

cjmdaddy and Ralph, I read up on multi-monitor support and I think I found out some of what I was doing wrong. The attached version has some changes for multi-monitor use that may fix the crashing. But I'm pretty sure I still don't have it all correct.

To all, thanks for the feedback. I do consider the room model and tank as part of the background as well. I'm willing to do any work that has no possibility of breaking the illusion Mr. Sachs has created. I'm adding stuff in stages to give those with less powerful pcs a chance to see at least some of it without completely bogging down their MA3 animations.

Attached is a new version that uses a cpu driven water surface with a fake reflection of the background room, which is represented at this time by a simple pic. I pulled in the back of the tank frame to show more of the room. This is the version that has the best chance to work on older and slower pcs, although it still requires some power in the cpu and a reasonable fill rate in the gpu. If all goes well it should look like the attached pic.

In following posts I'll attach some more high quality pics you can use as backgrounds. See the readme.txt file in the bkgnd folder for the easy steps to do this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MA3ExSS2.jpg (182.5 KB, 78 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip MA3Ex3.zip (465.2 KB, 50 views)
flipper is offline   Reply With Quote