View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 05:26 PM   #57
JamesGreystone
Registered

Originally posted by Dale:
I'm not convinced it's a Windows 7 issue, and agree that it may be a video driver issue.

I have several Windows 7 computers of various versions. Most of them have video cards that are capable of two monitors, and have two output connectors. Most of the cards are ATI (AMD), although not as high-powered as the AMD HD 3870. One of the computers has an Nvidia (2-output) card.

NONE of those Windows 7 systems have any doubt about how many monitor cables are connected.

For JamesGreystone:

Do you happen to have cables connected to both outputs? It's often the case that the card actually detects connected cables, and assumes that a monitor is connected.  
It shows that I have 2 monitors under display settings, so I checked and I do have 2 cables connected to this one monitor. One set was for Analog and 1 was for digital. I never disconected the analog once the sytem was up and running. Figured might as well leave it connected just in case

If I disconnect the Analog cable MA3 does not show the dialog box for multiple monitors.

Having said that however my XP machine had the same cables connected and the box never appeared in MA3, so windows 7 must have changed something or more likely it is a video driver for the card. I am using the winows 7 driver rather than installing the ati driver since it functions correctly, and the more native drivers I use the better in the long run. On the xp machine I had installed the original ati driver.
JamesGreystone is offline   Reply With Quote