View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 09:04 PM   #59
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by garybebee:
doesn't appear to like metallica either. lol. thanks for your persevearance. just downloaded this one today. one thing i do notice. whenever i download ma3 anew, it never asks me for my keycode it seems to be autofilling when i click on register. is that the way it should work? i even tried to download ma3 after uninstalling microsoft security essentials as you cannot turn it off.  
As Jim said, you don't need to uninstall MSE. Also, until you see an announcement in this forum, downloading again isn't helpful - 10d is the latest.

A fair number of folks here are running MA3 on various flavors of Windows 7.

[I'm assuming that you tried metallica from some music file on your computer, rather than from a CD - but we've learned here to make sure our assumptions are as clearly identified as possible] [I'm assuming that you hear nothing from your speakers when MA3 is running]

1. Just for grins, instead of metallica, try one of the music samples that install with Windows - normally in C:\Users\Public\Music\Sample Music (which should show up in your "Music Library").

2. Have you ever uninstalled MA3, rebooted, and then reinstalled MA3?

3. Can you successfully change other features in MA3? For instance, can you turn off/on the bubble column, start mode, pan setting, fish settings, etc.? [other things that are stored in the registry]

4. Grasping at straws - in your Personalization\Screen Saver Settings\Screen Saver pulldown list, are there perhaps more than one Marine Aquarium 3 entries?

Last edited by Dale; 02-24-2010 at 11:05 PM.
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote