View Single Post
Old 07-25-2003, 11:44 AM   #34
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

New GA

1. Q: Are the names of the fish the names of the species or were the names given to them by the developers? And is Morgan -> Feldon? If yes you should name a fish "Sachs"
A: The names are names we came up. "Morgan" is not Feldon. But we liked the fact that the name we chose (for a good reason) also is Morgan's name.

2. Q: For the next version I would be pleased to see an option were you can let the several tankpresets cycle every few minutes.
A: Yes, when it fades to black, new Tank. Agreed.

3. Q: But if you add this feature please make sure to add an option were you can exclude some tankpresets from the cycle.
A: Yup, on the list.

4. Q: Do you plan to make more than one basic background? I
A: Yes, after 1.0.

5. Q: It's not working on my mac.
A: We are working on that.

6. Q: maybe needs variation in sound to go with the increase/decrease of bubbles?
A: Agreed. On the list. I don't currently like the sound.

7. Q: the fish are "still" able to morph through the plants.
A: Yup, working on that bug.

8. Q: I like the larger number of fish in the pond but it still looks like fish floating in space. Needs ripples and a few pond plants
A: this is one of those, we could do it, so we did features. In the future, we will beef this up, add effects, etc... I think when we work on it, it will be come one of the most beautiful views.

9. Q: Still, it's a little strange to see them all lined up with their noses firmly attached to the sides of the tank.
A: Yes, we agree. and we plan to continue to improve this.

10. Q: I've noticed that at least two fish (Oreo and Algernon) tend to flicker sometimes
A: Yup, we are trying to nail this (hence beta). But we are close.

11. Reichart, you and your crew are doing a great job.
A: Thank you, the crew does most of the work, I just complain alot.

12. All the tanks but especially The Pond is too dark for me for maximun setting for background and foreground. Is there a way to give more lighting to the Tanks?
A: Hmmmm, could it be your video card settings? Perhaps the contrast is high on the monitor?

13. Hey I think Morgan is a bit to black. I would like to see his eyes.
A: What I love about having a fish named Morgan is all the confusion it will cuase here

14. would love to see an all white Oreo also.
A: Yup, more fish will come after 1.0, that is the fun of this type of product. Also, being Goldfish, the whole point is all the subtle variations. Same goes for the BG tanks as well. More will come.
Reichart... , CTO, Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Come visit us Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Reichart is offline   Reply With Quote