View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 02:15 PM   #1
cjmaddy
Registered

DA - MA3 Beta 7 - DirectX ... problem ?

I don't know if Dream Aquarium or Marine Aquarium Beta7 is the cause of this problem, or if it is a fault of DirectX.... But!...

Starting today, 1st December, each time I tried to run DA, I got this Error message... (I have never seen this error message before today!)

I reinstalled DirectX, and re-booted. - No success.
I reinstalled the video card drivers, reinstalled DirectX, and re-booted. - No success.
I restored a complete 'Image' of my OS drive. - No difference.
I downloaded the latest directx_nov2008_redist.exe - No success.... until after a cold reboot!

I then had DA working normally again.... But!...

As soon as I ran MA3, - then DA failed once more, and the above error message was repeated.
Again, I reinstalled the latest directx_nov2008_redist.exe, re-booted, and tried DA ... Success! - Until I started-up MA3 once more!

Other screensaver/programs, MA2.6, or older versions of MA2.9, (Yes! MA3_2.9K5.scr still works for part of each month!), - caused no problems!
But each time any version of MA3Beta7 is started, - then DA fails to run, and produces the above DirectX error.
I then have to re-start my computer, (cold re-boot), in order to be able to run DA.
As soon as MA3 is run... the process starts all over again!
I have checked this with older recent versions of DA (DualScreen), and with all versions of MA3 Beta 7, - all with the same outcome..

I have repeated this procedure many times.

I am posting this on both DA and MA forums.
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote