View Single Post
Old 03-31-2004, 03:17 PM   #109
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

A "Flame" is a broad term used to signify that someone is intentionally trying to start an argument. It can be either a direct insult to another forum member, or an excessive amount of "stretching the rules" that is obviously an effort to try and bait someone into an argument or cause general forum disruption. For the most part we have been able to enjoy years worth of peace and quiet here and participate in intelligent discussions, or jokes, or whatever, because generally acknowledged "Hot" topics that people would/might/could lose their temper over are not allowed as part and parcel of this forum. In addition I give credit to all our posting forum members for being what I would call generally level headed people that come here mainly for this reason. There are tons and tons of places on the net that you can experience the other side of the coin, and I for one am quite proud of our record. So my personal thanks to everyone involved for the phenomenal results that we have experienced so far.

Historically, this site was created for support and to represent Jim Sachs and his line of "Serene" screensavers, even though it has developed into more than that over time. To me personally, it would be a shame to represent something with the name Serene in the title and be a place where people were exposed to anything and everything but a serene atmosphere.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote